There are few offenses more heinous than human beings being sold for profit. Slavery still exists. Whereas it is more prevalent in foreign nations, it does still happen in the US as well. Just how prevalent is the issue? What is being done about it? What can the church do to help end slavery?
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- 35.8 million people in slavery
- $150 billion generated by human trafficking each year
- 4.5 million people enslaved in the sex trade
- 13 is the average age a child begins being trafficked
- 527 victims in the US from 2008-2010
- 77 youth sex trafficking cases in Milwaukee from 2010-2012
Tim Bodnar is a board member with Exploit No More (You can listen to his isolated interview below)
Luke 4:16-21 (see also Isaiah 61:1-2)
What can we do?
- Promote Awareness