Substance abuse is one of the major factors affecting our community here in Burlington. How can people of faith address this issue locally? What are some of the indicators of substance abuse to watch for? How can we walk alongside those in recovery?
- The “not my problem” mentality is a problem (Galatians 6:1a, 2a)
- Make sure other’s problems don’t become your problems (Galatians 6:1b)
- Love means helping others with their problems as if they are your problems (Galatians 6:2b)
- Because it’s not your problem doesn’t mean it’s not a problem (Galatians 6:3)
- At the end of the day your problems are still your problems (Galatians 6:4-5)
Bo Boilek is the Director of Mt. Zion House in Lake Geneva, WI
(you can listen to just the interview with Bo below)