Ephesians is in a sense an abbreviated handbook to the Christian life. It’s rich in doctrine, church life and personal conduct. Today we are looking at an overview of the themes of the book to begin asking ourselves the questions that we will be exploring throughout this series.
3 themes of Ephesians:
- Identity (Ephesians 1:3-2:10)
- Ephesians 1:5, 7, 11, 13; 2:1, 4, 5, 12-13)
- Communal Identity (Ephesians 2:11-3:21)
- Ephesians 2:14; 3:6;
- Conduct (Ephesians 4:1-6:20)
- Ephesians 4:1, 17, 22, 24; 5:1-2, 15-16; 6:11
Questions to consider as we embark on this study through Ephesians
Who do you think you are?
Who are you in relation to others?
What does it look like to live your life in light of the gospel?