The refugee crisis is currently the worst humanitarian crisis in our world today. How should the Church respond? How do we balance the political considerations with compassion and mercy? Today we will be talking about these questions and more as we hear from Libby Thorngate on her recent trip to Greece to aid with the influx of refugees from Syria.
- Over 200k people have been killed in the civil war
- 13.5 million people are in need of humanitarian aid in Syria
- 4.6 million Syrians are refugees
- 6.6 million Syrians have been displaced within Syria
- Most refugees have remained in the Middle East – 10% have fled to Europe and other nations