Around Christmas time, kids come to mind for many of us. Whether it’s our own childhood experiences, watching kids open gifts, their excitement leading up to Christmas, or their Christmas performances, kids are such an exciting part of the Christmas season. So this season we get to take our cue from kids and act a little childish in how we have love, wonder and joy.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Big Idea: Recapture your sense of wonder this Christmas
3 results of wonder that enrich our lives with Christ
- Matthew 8:23–27 (NIV) 23 Then he got into the boat and his disciples followed him. 24 Suddenly a furious storm came up on the lake, so that the waves swept over the boat. But Jesus was sleeping. 25 The disciples went and woke him, saying, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” 26 He replied, “You of little faith, why are you so afraid?” Then he got up and rebuked the winds and the waves, and it was completely calm. 27 The men were amazed and asked, “What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!”
- Matthew 16:13–16 (NIV) 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say the Son of Man is?” 14 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah; and still others, Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”
- Luke 2:17–18 (NIV) 17 When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.
- Romans 11:33–36 (NIV) 33 Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! 34 “Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” 35 “Who has ever given to God, that God should repay them?” 36 For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.
- Luke 15:20 (NIV) 20 So he got up and went to his father. “But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
- Exodus 15:11 (NIV) 11 Who among the gods is like you, Lord? Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?