Seeking: Discipleship Pastor
We are a young church seeking someone with a call to shepherd and care for the next generation. Someone with wisdom and life experience to share, as well as the desire to invest relationally in the spiritual health and growth of our community.
- Pastoral counseling and mentoring.
- Leading a small group.
- Leading a lay-ministry team.
- Care ministry functions.
- Secondary preaching and teaching.
- A strong, genuine faith in Jesus.
- A compassionate, caring, shepherding heart.
- An openhandedness and desire to understand.
- A person of prayer and spiritual practice.
- A servant leader.
- A commitment to healthy church community.
- A person who, if married, has a spouse who feels called to participate in the ministry as well.
- Some Biblical and theological training and aptitude is necessary, but a formal seminary degree isn’t required.
- 10+ years of experience working in the church or para-church ministry is preferred.
- A background in Christian counseling, pastoral ministry or spiritual formation is preferred.
- 15-25 Hours Per Week
- Largely flexible hours besides Sunday mornings, weekly staff meeting, and monthly leadership meetings.
*Candidate will be asked to sign a statement of faith, alignment with our mission, values, and vision, and a relational covenant.